After Preschool Care
Our After Preschool program has been running since June 2006, when it began in response to the needs of our families. Our Licence hours were extended (8:15 to 6:00pm) to accommodate this. The days that this service will operate will vary depending on demand and cost effectiveness.
The After Preschool program is intended as an extension of our service to enable those families who need it to leave their children at West Albury Preschool after the ‘normal’ operating hours of the Preschool program (8:15am to 3:45pm).
The After Preschool Care program is staffed and implemented in accordance with The Children’s Services Regulations and reflects the philosophy, policies and practices of West Albury Preschool.
Children entering the After Preschool program have completed a busy and structured day in their Preschool program. We assume that they are feeling a little tired and may be seeking a more nurturing time where they have the opportunity to be in a quieter and calmer environment
Activities provided will vary from day to day and will reflect the interests and needs of the children attending as our Preschool philosophy prescribes
The environment and the activities presented will provide opportunities for the children to:
- Engage in solitary or small group play.
- Explore interests and build on skills in an environment where there is less competition for space. (i.e. more room)
- To participate in preparation of afternoon tea, and learn and make choices about nutritious foods.
- To form relationships with a different group of peers and adults.
- To provide children with the opportunity to develop their skills in all areas and assist them when needed.
- To provide an environment where children are encouraged during their play.
- To provide the opportunity for children to talk about their day and what they have been working on.
- To participate in the gardening and cooking programs and develop understandings about nutritious food.